10 Things to Sort Before Your Next Holiday
Now Christmas is out the way, you may have turned your attention to the summer and, in particular, your next holiday. Here are 10 things you’ll need to sort before you head off on your travels.
1. Will you need airport parking? If you want the freedom to get yourself to the airport and have the convenience of your car when you get back, parking at the airport could be sensible.
2. Will you want a hotel stay at the airport? If you have an early morning flight or could return late at night, you may want to get a good night’s sleep.
3. Would you prefer to book taxis? If you’d rather leave your car at home and have someone else take and pick you up from the airport, a taxi may be your best option.
4. Do you have travel insurance? If not, you may want to include this in your holiday package. Alternatively, you may choose to buy it separately.
5. Will you be hiring a car? If so, you may want to shop around for the best deals. If not, then you’ll probably require transfers to get you to and from your holiday accommodation.
6. Has your suitcase seen better days? If so, you may want to invest in a new one or borrow one from a friend or relative to make sure your luggage is secure.
7. Do you need new clothes? Many people require new bathing suits, shorts, T-shirts and tops before their holidays, so shopping may be on the cards.
8. Is your passport valid? It’s absolutely essential that you check your passport before you book a holiday. If it’s out of date, you’ll need to apply for and await the arrival of a new one.
9. Do you require foreign currency? If you’re going abroad, you are going to need some currency for the country you’re heading to. Make sure you find a good exchange rate to get the most out of your spending money.
10. Will you need European or US plug adapters? Other countries have different electrical outlets to those in the UK, so if you want to use your hair driers or phone chargers, adapters may be required.
If, for example, you are thinking of flying from Sheffield, you may want to look into Sheffield airport hotels or parking options.